Tuesday, May 10, 2011

++Tulips and Trucks++

 Did I mention before that I'm taking round two of my photo class?  I'll blame my lack of timely blogging updates with spending any free computer time working on stuff for that class.  The good news?  I've been taking lots of photos so there's lots to share as I get around to posting it. 

Spring was VERY late to arrive this year.  I still don't know what's normal but according to the news, this is not normal.  I just think they keep telling us lies like this so we don't leave en masse.  Anyway, one of the great harbingers of spring is the Skagit Valley tulip festival.  I guess these fields do a large part of supplying tulips all over the country.  Who knew?  They were sure pretty to look at!  All those colored stripes.  Even the kids had fun.
 I kept telling them to smell the flowers even though tulips don't smell like much.  It kept them engaged enough to snap some photos.
 Wyatt brought his binoculars. 
 This was pretty much the highlight for Claire.  I honestly used to wonder who would ever wear rubber boots enough to justify owning them...then we moved here.
 So cool.
 I think the signs probably said not to touch the flowers.  She can't read and I was too busy taking pictures so hopefully they'll cut us some slack.

 Love this kid. 
 This one is a keeper too.
 My web research before we left tipped me off to a once-a-year open house at the nearby PACCAR test facilitiy.  For those of you who aren't up on your large trucks, PACCAR manufactures all sorts of trucks, including Peterbilt and some others.  For those of you who aren't up on your 4-year-old boys, large trucks that you can see and touch=heaven. 

 Think we would make a good long-haul trucking team?  To be honest, I think this may have been the first time I was ever in a semi cab.  Remember my previous post about raising boys?  See all the fabulous new life experiences I'm gaining?

No comments: