Thursday, May 19, 2011

++The Adventures of the Boys Book Club: Wallaby Farm++

The boys' latest adventure took them to the Fall City Wallaby Ranch.  We had an "in" so we had a private and personal tour of the ranch.  Rex runs the show (the farm happens to be in his back yard).  When we got there he spoke to us for about 10 minutes all about the life cycle of wallabies and kangaroos and the whole pouch process (kind of fascinating if you ask me).  The all of a sudden he unzips his jacket and pulls out this:
 She's an albino Wallaby.  I guess they are a rare treasure.  Don't tell but I think they look like overgrown rats.
They also had kangaroos on the property.  I never knew that when they walk they use their tail like a third leg.  Kind of cool. 
 The little sisters get to tag along too.  A certain little sister wore her backpack for the entire tour.
 We got a peak into one of the kangaroo's pouches.  Super cool.  They only let him open it because they trust him.  I guess they can clamp it closed if they want to.
 Wyatt was much more interested in getting up close and personal with the new friends than I was.
 They also had horses (and great mountain views) on the property.
 I could have stayed all day taking pictures of the pokey peanut.
 Wouldn't you love to open up your personal Wallaby farm to this crew?  We sure are lucky to be a part of this fun group.

No comments: