Wednesday, May 25, 2011

++Photo Class: Round 2++

If I have any worthwhile excuse for my blogging backlog it's that I spent this spring in a continuing ed photo class.  I end up taking a ton of photos, stressing myself out and testing the patience of my family, but in the end I feel a little more confident in my photography knowledge and I'm better able to capture every single last moment of my kids' lives as they unfold.  Just ask them.  I don't miss much.

Here's a few of the images I turned in.  Some may seem weird.  It's likely because I was asked to do something specific in the assignment.  Or maybe because I'm just weird.  Or both.
Wyatt and his class dog, Murphy.
a bubble.
Miss C and some tulips.
I may or may not have told Claire to look at the big purple bird in the tree.  She may or may not have been crying because she was done.  This may or may not qualify for child exploitation.
Poor kid.  Fell for the same purple bird trick.  Those eyes are all his.  Crazy blue.
Playing with the sun rays. 
If we weren't dealing with a very small window of time, I would have found a more desirable background than our neighbor's house and trash cans.
Our neighbor Rotem.  LOVE the curls. 

I also had to lie down, on my belly, on the pavement to get these shots.  The same woman walked by two nights in a row.  I think she thought I was nuts.  For the record, I am.

For my mom who is probably wondering why there are giant circles on my pictures, they are supposed to be there.  They are easy to get by accident, not so easy to manipulate on purpose.

This final assignment was using available light.  I never use flash for my photos so it was so great to get better at these.  Love this strong kiddo.


I just love this photo.  Period.
Ditto for these.  Taken with only the light from her lamp.


And then I put my camera away for a while and gave my poor family a rest.  I do it because I love you.  I promise.  Thank you for indulging me.  And for being so cute.  You too, Mark.

1 comment:

Jojoba said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.