Wednesday, August 12, 2009

++Into the fifth month++

Or should I say sixth month? Claire turned five months old right after we arrived. Lots of chaos, and sadly, not a lot of time to reflect on milestones (believe me, I know as my birthday and our anniversary were largely forgotten).
She continues to be her happy self. She loves to just be on the floor exploring things. She prefers Wyatt's toys to her own. EVERYTHING goes in the mouth. And it takes next to nothing to get a smile. We introduced solids at five months as well. With Wyatt it was four months and one day. I waited longer with Claire mainly because I didn't need one more thing to worry about. We're having trouble remembering that if we are going to be gone for the dinner hour we need to bring food for her too as we should keep it consistent from day-to-day.

She likes the Exersaucer but would prefer to be on the floor. Note the varying clothing we have on these days. This has taken some adjusting to. In Memphis it's sleeveless from June-Oct. Here we were HOT and recently it's been cool. Good thing she has drawers full of clothes.

We aren't getting many great photos in this place. We're five steps down from the parking lot. I tried to take her out to the grass for a little photo op but I think it was too sunny for her to look at me...and she was more interested in the grass.
Last weekend she went to her first birthday party---cousin Cora turned one! Cora and Claire we're having some girl talk. Can't wait to see what the years ahead bring for those two! For the rest of the photos go here. Must be nice to have a sister who likes to take pictures...huh?
We're so excited to get Claire into our new house and back into her own room! While the month-long slumber party has been fun, we're regressing rather than progressing in the night wakings and I have no doubt it is due to the fact that smarty pants knows that mom is literally inches away.

No comments: