Wednesday, August 5, 2009

++Bought and Sold++

I think that's the name of a show on HGTV. I honestly feel like my life is just one giant episode of HGTV lately. Although I haven't seen the show called "Family of four sweats it out in a dark basement condo" yet. It could be fascinating viewing! The good news is that I *think* it is all coming to an end and SOON! May I be the first to introduce you to our new digs:

Kind of looks like what you would expect for the pacific northwest, huh? It was a long search. I had some sleepless nights thinking that we may live in this condo forever. I wasn't prepared for the terrain here. We come from the plain states (read: flat yards). It seemed like every house was built on a hill where all I could imagine was Wyatt meeting certain death when his trike started heading down it. We knew it wouldn't be cheap to live here but I hadn't anticipated giving up about half of the things on our wish list. However, this one gave us some great things I hadn't put on the wish list but will be so nice to have. One of which is lots of light! A photographer's dream!

All of this is pending the inspection results. We're working quickly and hope to close on 8/21. That means that in just over a month we listed and sold our Memphis house and will be in a new home here. We said we were efficient! Mark is in Memphis and the house there will be packed up over the next two days. That chapter of our life is coming to an end. Can't wait to see what comes next. Secretly I'm hoping it is so boring that no one would want to read about it!

2 comments:

Melissa Ho said...

congrats! The house is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow the house looks fantastic...look at that green grass ! we miss you guys !!!