Wednesday, April 9, 2008

++Famous Last Words++

I spoke too soon...before I was willing to pack my computer in a box and send it away, I decided to back-up all my photos (something we all know we should do more often). The process proved far more difficult than I thought. Not sure if it was user error or my computer. So, we are now the proud owners of a new external hard drive. It seems slick. I'll let you know the final verdict after tonight.

So...I decided I would treat everyone to one last entry before I go dark. We've had some exciting things happen here and I don't want to forget about them.
Exciting event #1 was the visit from the Dusoskys. The weekend was pretty much full of rain but we did our best to make the most of it. It was just really great to spend some time with our dear friends.
I had fun playing photographer with miss Emily...who loved playing model. It is so much easier to take pictures of someone who is not constantly trying to get away from you!
Here's my little buddy being chivalrous. Aren't you so proud? I would be lying if I said that these two played together this well all weekend.
Here are the kids (Mark included) playing in what Emily called the "big room". It's not that it's so big...it's that it has nothing in it. It's supposed to be a dining room. We did the paint. It used to be bright yellow.

This is the soggy Dusosky family checking out the pandas. No joke, we had the zoo to ourselves. Likely because it basically rained all day. It was nice not to have to fight the crowds though!!
Mark brokering a high five.

Exciting event #2 was the acquisition of some new wheels for Wyatt. I have been haunting Craig's List trying to find a Little Tikes car...to no avail. On Monday someone down the street put this beauty out for the trash. We took it home...gave it a little car wash (and a few repairs which involved nuts and bolts that I did by myself and was very proud of) and it is good as new...ok, maybe not good as new. But, Wyatt thinks it is just great. Total investment: $0.

Exciting event #3 is that tomorrow I am going here to have plans drawn up to do something with our back yard. I have always enjoyed a little gardening here and there and I didn't realize how totally depressing it would be to have a backyard with nothing in it. I am not exaggerating here...there is not a thing planted but grass (and a whole lot of weeds). It is so unappealing that we really don't go back there. Let's just hope we don't get in over our heads. It seems to be a theme in this family: start out looking for a a couple of flower beds and end up with a three-tier koi pond or something.
The drab and depressing "before".

Exciting event #4 is that I am the proud owner of a new book on how to do stuff with my Photoshop. Expect to see amazing results posted here sometime soon...ha ha. One can dream, right? Losing my computer for a while is really going to put a damper on all my fun.

Exciting event #5 we will call "man overboard!" Last Friday the little one climbed out of his crib. Imagine my surprise when I returned from getting the mail to see a crying boy...with a large bump on his head...standing in the hallway. I'm hoping it was scary and traumatic. He hasn't tried it again.

We've been enjoying some fabulous summer-like weather. I love seeing the little guy in shorts. The legs aren't nearly as chubby as they were last summer. Perhaps there's hope for him yet.

No comments: