Monday, March 3, 2008

++Weekend Recap++

For those of you who will never visit Arkansas in your life, you can live vicariously through us and see the sights through our view. A very limited view considering our pint-sized travel companion. Here goes.
Here's Little Rock...the view of the Arkansas river...as seen from our hotel room.

Our trip included a visit to the Clinton presidential library. Pretty interesting...and our junior tourist cooperated quite well. My favorite part? The menus from the state dinners. I think I would gain 50 lbs. if I ate at the White House all the time

For Wyatt, the highlight of the weekend was this mini-truck in the gift shop of the Clinton Museum. The smiles and frantic "driving" would have lasted hours. He entertained everyone in the store.




The main event, the half-marathon, went well. This was a super-easy marathon for spectators. It starts and ends at almost the same spot and doubles-back a couple of times. We were lucky to see Mark (and Scott...and sometimes Jonnett) 5 times during the race. Wyatt was great about watching and waiting for his dad (it didn't hurt that there were police cars and fire trucks and all sorts of dogs around). He would whimper after Mark ran by us every time as if to say "What? we have been waiting for him for forever and he just kept running?" No photos of the race in progress as I would have liked...it was challenging enough to wrangle my buddy and watch for Mark all at the same time.

Giving our finisher a high-five. With little to no training (and I am not exaggerating this one) he finished in his goal time of under two hours. We don't know the exact time yet...the results haven't been updated as I write this.


Another huge hit: watching cartoons (looney toons...something he doesn't get at home) and lounging in the hotel room.

We're back to reality this week. More rain. You would think that we moved to Seattle. It rains all the time here! I'm super excited about my fun trip back HOME this weekend. The boys are looking forward to time without me as well, I am sure.

1 comment:

The Cogan's said...

I guess Little Rock, Rocked !!!
You actually made Little Rock sound like it could be fun.
Congratulations Mark on your half marathon.
Have a fun time this weekend Kate back home.