Tuesday, March 25, 2008

++Eggstravaganza++

Gotta love a corny pun here and there.

Last week Mark's parents came down for Spring Break. The funny part was that Wyatt was on Spring Break too. I guess even pre-schoolers need some time off, ha (we all know it's the teachers...). Wyatt spent most of his time LOVING the two-on-one attention from his grandparents. The de-programming hasn't been that bad this week.


The trip included a stop at the Children's Museum. We took Wyatt into the little store this time and he LOVED it. Blatantly ignoring the signs that said to limit items to three per cart. My favorite part is that he is in a ketchup phase right now (we have to remind him he has to take a bite of the food too, not just suck the ketchup off) and he totally filled his cart with all of the ketchup. He also spotted the mandarin oranges and took a few of those as well. Too funny.


The in-laws and I took Wyatt to the Germantown Easter Egg Hunt. My general analysis is that it was a bust. Capped off by the fact that my father-in-law duped me into a false start when some other kids starting running. We were so focused on Wyatt we neglected to notice we were alone on the field. I didn't include the photo of that in here to save a little bit of face. Good thing we only know a couple of people here...bad thing is that one of them saw me and gave me a hard time. Here's Wyatt checking out the lambs at the petting zoo.

So glad we waited in line for fifteen minutes for this one...
This was right after Wyatt attempted to rip the head off of the duck. I don't blame him for not thinking the green duck is real (where is PETA when you need them?)
Ready for the big egg hunt. End result: 4 eggs: two with gum, one empty...but he thought the five Smarties were delicious.
Wyatt and Mom all dressed up for Easter Sunday church (he was later convinced that my necklace looked a lot like Jelly Beans and insisted on tasting for himself...no wonder I never wear jewelry).
The pace of the backyard egg hunt was much more enjoyable. He had 18 eggs. Some of them had small toys, cars or truck magnets. A few of them had one jelly bean each. Once he figured this out there was no waiting for later, we had to open them all so he could eat.
Wyatt's grandparents also bought him a new climber for the backyard. Mark and his dad put it together during bath time and Wyatt had to test it out as soon as he spotted it. He now calls it his "weee" and points to it in the backyard and says "weee".
This was the scene I came home to after running a short errand on Saturday. Wyatt is really into "helping" us. In the morning he helped me work in the yard. In the afternoon, he helped dad wash the cars. His Bompa would be so proud!

No comments: