Monday, November 29, 2010

++Back to the homeland++

We took a trip back to Minnesota (we can call it the homeland because 50% of the members in our family were born there) for Thanksgiving.  We were super-duper busy visiting all the people we wish we could see more often. 

First stop was my aunt and uncle's house.  The kids warmed right up to Uncle Dick.

 Wyatt was so glad to see his favorite dog Sophie.
 Next we visited the Dusoskys.  Before we went on the trip Wyatt was fully convinced the sole purpose of our trip was to see Emily and Meredith.  There was no talking him out of the idea that we weren't staying at their house either.  He thinks they are family.  And Emily is his girlfriend.  We won't go there.
 Mark and I were able to sneak away to a few events.  The first being my high school reunion.  They said it was 15 years but I think they were lying.  It might have been a little more fun if more people had shown up.  We had fun catching up with a few old (young) friends though.  They next day we headed to the new Gopher stadium.  It killed us to leave Minneapolis just as the Twins and Gophers were finally getting new stadiums.  It was COLD and I only planned to stay for the first half but believe it or not...they pulled out a win!
 Claire and Wyatt had lots of fun staying at Aunt Taylor and Uncle Matt's house.  Grandma and Grandpa came into town to visit as well.  I don't have a lot of pictures because I spent so much of my time gallivanting all over town AWAY from my kids. 
 Mark introduced Matt to Angry Birds on the Ipad.  We won't ever get those 20 hours back...
 My "girls" arranged a playgroup so we could all see the kiddos.  It was so fun but also a little bittersweet for me.  I want to be there for that playgroup every week!  It was fun to see how Wyatt seemed to fit right in.
 We also visited the Molepskes and our kids did their best to teach their kids how to be crazy. 
So fun.

No comments: