Monday, November 15, 2010

++October recap in 13 easy steps++

I decided I just couldn't let October pass me by without saying SOMETHING about it.  So here is the Cliff's Notes version of what happened last month. 
1. Wyatt is super into puzzles.  He also has been having play dates with his buddy Owen quite a bit.  Secretly it's a pact between Owen's mom and me to get a peaceful afternoon while our younger kids nap.  But after all, isn't that what all play dates are about?
 2. This was Mark's requested addition to the blog.  We finally Container Store-ized our front closet.  Warning: it's addictive--we've done 5 now.  We now have two walls with deep shelves and just a little bit of hanging space.  Anyway, Mark was working on installing it and wanted to take the picture of all the "help" he was getting.
 3. Whenever the kids are doing something cute together Wyatt asks to have their picture taken.  I would NEVER turn a request like that down.  Believe it or not, Claire likes this.
 4. The Boys Book Club went on a tour of the local fire station.  This is how our diva chose to roll that day.
 I loved it because it was a small group and the firemen really interacted with the boys.  Usually he chickens out when it comes to getting into the firetruck if there are fireman around.  Not this time!
 5. More photos of two kids being cute together.
 6. October=Pumpkin Patch Month!  This year we went to a great patch at a camp that is for kids fighting illness.  What would a pumpkin patch be without Alpacas? (or llamas??)
 And in this photo I will unashamedly brag to all my Midwestern friends about the gorgeous view at our pumpkin patch. 
 And in this one I will unashamedly brag about my gorgeous girl :)
 6. Wyatt's class took a field trip to a farm.  This was the boy's reaction to the pig pen.  The one in the orange is his best buddy two-years running, Isaak.
 7. We also had a visit from the class dog "Murphy".  We took him on a fall leaf hunting outing.  I think he had fun.
 8. October was also the month of butterflies in our house.  Larson gave Wyatt this butterfly house for his birthday.  We ordered the larvae, watched them turn into crysilis' and then emerge as butterflies.  We failed to pay attention to the fact that it would be too cold to release them so we had to keep them on our kitchen table for two weeks.  I felt kind of guilty wishing death on butterflies.  Kind of.
 9. Sometimes general craziness takes place in our house and must be documented.  Ironically I don't even recall the circumstances of this general craziness.  Still makes for a great photo though. 
 10. The "Boo" craze swept through our neighborhood.  These were my helpers heading out to deliver their package under the cover of darkness.  Note Claire's attempt at thumb's up.  We were a little nervous about heading out because our neighborhood had been inhabited by a family of black bears.  Darn.  That would have made a good blog post.  Too late now!
 11.  We turned our little bike into a rickshaw.  Claire sits in it and yells "Wyatt!  Push!"
 12. I went to the gym and returned to the largest double-decker fort ever made (in our house at least), and three proud builders (notice that fort building requires a Home Depot apron).
 13.  October was capped by Halloween for us and pretty much everyone, I guess.  We had a really cute strawberry this year.  Here she is showing me which pumpkin is "MINE."
 Wyatt decided to abstain from Halloween this year.  Even our promise of "No costume, no candy" persuaded him to wear his costume (which will remain unnamed so that when you, hopefully, see it next year you will think it's new).  He and dad watched the Mom's Club costume parade.
 Claire worked it.
 She loved all the attention she got in her costume.  I kinda did too. 
So I guess it was 14 steps.  Did you notice there were two #6's?  I'm sure my mom will so I have to come clean.  I'm too lazy to fix it now.  Consider it extra credit.  

No comments: