Friday, September 4, 2009

++Moving In++

Once again the time has flown and I'm forced to do a little back-tracking. Humor me. I'll try to catch up just in time for us to move again...just kidding.

We stopped by the check out the place the night we took possession. This is my favorite spot in the house. The view from the breakfast nook. Nothing but super tall trees all around us.

Moving day can be a challenge with two little guys underfoot. We especially had to make sure the littlest one wasn't literally under anyone's feet. So, I just strapped her on and she helped me check in the boxes as they came in. Note the lovely outfit on me. It was chillier than expected and that was the first sweatshirt I could find.
Once you move with professional movers and packers it's really hard to go back. They get all sweaty, they do all the heavy lifting and you just stand there and watch. Not bad. The bad part is that as much as Mark's company pays for all this stuff to try to make these moves as easy as possible on us there is no one but us (me, really) who can decide where to put things and put them there...and that is a whole lot of work. We're getting there. Slowly. I laugh as I unpack some things and think of all the places they have been. Uptown, Ann Arbor, Downtown, Southwest Minneapolis, Memphis and now here. We should be good at this by now.

No comments: