Thursday, September 24, 2009

++Lucky Seven++

Someone we know snuck up and turned SEVEN months old this week! We did a little photo shoot with her in one of my dresses. I added a little vintage look because, well, sometimes I feel so old something from my childhood is vintage, right?

Our little girl is quite the spitfire. She gets more and more feisty every day. She's constantly getting into things she shouldn't. And when we catch her...she wiggles her little body as fast as she can to try to make a break for it with her "prize." Last week we found her with that little rubber stopper from the door stop in her mouth. Now that she has discovered those she's on the hunt for them in every room. I honestly think with this one we may need to take baby proofing to the next level.
On the flip side, she is such a good little girl. She LOVES her brother. He frequently gets this response from her: (ignore the grass on her face...it's just further evidence of my above point...I look away, she's covered in dirt and grass.)


She is NOT a cuddly baby. Somehow neither one of my kids are. Bummer. We pretty much get the stiff arm from her anytime we pick her up. This isn't a great shot but it shows the move.

She's loving eating these days. I think a lot of times at dinner she eats more than Wyatt. She'll gobble up pretty much anything we put in front of her. She loves to feed herself so I've been trying out all sorts of things on her tray. She loves to chew on big things. She'll go at a pizza crust like nobody's business. The other day she dropped her pizza crust and couldn't find it and burst into tears. Oh my. Tonight we had pot roast and I pulled out the handy food grinder and made a little meat/carrot/celery blend for her. This was the response we got with each spoonful. Not a fan?
A quick seven-month wrap-up:
++Loves: exploring on her own, chewing on things that aren't toys (like SHOES), shaking and chasing little plastic balls that rattle, feeding herself finger foods, her brother, smiling.
++Milestones: Four teeth, army crawls all over, can get to sitting, talks "ba ba ba" all the time, smacks her lips to let you know she wants to eat, drinks from a sippy cup...sort of.
++Doesn't like: getting her nose wiped, when she thinks she's alone in the room, napping, staying on her back on her changing table.
We sure do love our little bear!

No comments: