Tuesday, July 21, 2009

++We're Here!++

We made it. Yesterday could go down as one of the longest days of my life...but it's over now! We took a 6:30p flight with the hopes that the kids would sleep. Claire did. Wyatt didn't. He was such a good boy though. The flight that was supposed to be 4.5 hours was more like 5 due to some rerouting for storms. That's a long time to entertain a preschooler. God bless the DVD player. The cutest thing is that every time the pilot said Seattle Wyatt would get excited and say "he said Seattle!" We didn't get Wyatt to bed until what felt like 2am and he was doing better than us. Just wondering if we will pay for that today.
It doesn't really seem real because with the exception of clothes and necessities, we left the house fully intact. So it kind of feels like we are just on a long vacation. I think that really is the best way to go. The hardest part was seeing Wyatt and his buddies. Both Olly and Alex seemed genuinely bummed that Wyatt was not going to be around to play with any more. I overheard Wyatt tell Olly "I can't play with you any more. I'm going to move far away."
Prior to leaving for the airport we had a full day of packing and cleaning and packing and cleaning and errands. They came to get our cars for shipping (a highlight for Wyatt...photos later). But we're done and I'm really hoping that there isn't something glaringly obnoxious left out to greet everyone who goes through our house in the coming weeks! We had two showings in the first two hours after we left. Crossing our fingers for a quick sale!
I also spent the day thinking about my dad. He had to be put back on the ventilator to regulate his breathing. As a result, he is sedated again. Prior to that my mom said he was in quite a bit of pain. It's never fun to hear that someone you love is suffering like that. Get well soon Daddy-o!
So birthday #32 won't go down as my favorite. We'll try again next year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad that you got there ok, sorry to hear about your dad.
Stay in touch !!

Melissa Ho said...

I'm sorry you didn't have a good birthday but I'm glad you made it safe and sound. I will say a few prayers for your dad.