Thursday, July 9, 2009

++Ten on Thursday++

It's my blog so I can change the "Tuesday" to "Thursday" if I feel like it--right?
1. We're back from our ten day trek to Minnesota. It is so nice to be back at our own house. Even if it is only for two weeks.
2. We had lots of fun and saw lots of people. I will have to do some flashback posts later. One highlight was reconvening the playgroup. When we left there were four. Now there are eleven. Each of the four has a new sibling and three more friends had new babies. One word for all of that: chaos.
3. The other big event was the wedding. Here is a quick preview of the kiddos doing what their mom likes best: looking cute! 4. Congrats to Uncle Matt and Aunt Taylor!

5. Claire is really growing up. She's no little three-month-old baby any more. It was like someone flipped a switch at four months. She started stringing her rolling together to make her way across the floor. She also does a skooch motion to get places (think inchworm). I'm so not impressed with either of these moves. Babies who stay quietly on their blankets...now that's impressive!

6. It's busy here in Tennessee. The house is painted. The stager has staged the rooms. The window washer is scheduled. Wyatt isn't quite sure what to make of all the traffic through our house.

7. Wyatt has added "how" to supplement his non-stop asking of "why." The problem is that most of the time I don't know "how" things work. Example: "We need to get gas for the car" "why?" "because the car uses gas to make it go" "how?" And that, my friends, is where I give up and tell him that he needs to go to school and learn that so he can teach me because I have no idea how gas makes a car go.

8.Claire slept for 13 hours straight last night. Mark was out of town so I am really hoping that it isn't that I just didn't hear her. Either way, she's still alive this morning and I had a nice night.

9. We have rented a condo for the short-term in Seattle. We found a place that rents furnished homes by the day. They have a house, which we would prefer, but it isn't available until mid-August. We may move there then. Our move-in date is two weeks from today. Crazy to think our time in Memphis is so close to the end!

10. Wyatt started summer school yesterday. He'll only go for two weeks but we needed the time with him at school to get stuff done! I'm grateful he has his favorite teacher, Ms. Christa, again. He needs as much normalcy as possible these days.

No comments: