Friday, July 24, 2009

++One step closer++

We're one step closer to getting on with our lives. We moved out of the Residence Inn and into the condo we are renting indefinitely until we move into our new house (which we haven't even started looking for yet if that gives you an idea about this process). The way we have done this might make this part of the transition tougher because I don't think I will feel like Seattle is home until we have all of our things in a house here. Oh...and it would be nice to have my car too. That makes it a little tough to get around (because as much as it would be nice if this wasn't the case, Mark still has to go to work!)
Wyatt was thrilled to open his boxes of toys shipped from home today. He was so cute. There is a shoe rack in the closet off the family room and Wyatt decided that that looked like good toy storage so he decided to start putting his things away there. Our condo has a little patio with a small patch of grass inside a fence just for us. It's actually kind of nice that Wyatt can be out there while we are inside. It won't be too hard to keep track of the kiddos in this place. I'll take some photos and post them so those of you who would like to visualize what day-to-day life is like for us, you can (mom, Chrismary).
We got some other good news as well. My dad is finally off the breathing tube and breathing on his own. He should be moved out of the ICU as early as tomorrow. Such a relief. It sounds like he is ready to get out of there as well. I'm just looking forward to him being up for phone calls again. We have lots of well wishes to send his way!
Not sure if this is good or bad news but we got an offer on our house yesterday. It was ridiculously low with all sorts of other requests. We counter-offered and only budged a little. We haven't heard back yet. Mark laughs at me because I get all worked up about stuff like this. I know I shouldn't take these things personally but I do. Let's hope a more serious buyer comes along soon!

2 comments:

Rendons said...

So glad to hear the news about your Dad. Also glad to hear that the transition is not too bad. Good luck with the home sale/home purchase process.

taylor said...

Matt and I were watching the news last night, it looks like you guys brought the Memphis weather with you to Seattle!