Tuesday, June 2, 2009

++Road Trippin'++

As I've mentioned before, Mark has a serious case of wanderlust. Ever since we moved here he has been asking to go to Oxford, MS (home of Old Miss). While my parents were here, I finally agreed. Now that we have two kids we had to take a two car road trip. Do I hear minivan calling my name? I think we are at least realizing we may need a third row of seats.
After a somewhat eventful trip down there...including being stopped at some sort of police checkpoint which was very exciting for Wyatt, and making another unscheduled stop due to Wyatt informing his Daddy "my penis hurts", we finally made it to the cute little town.

There are a lot of cute shops around the courthouse square. Here is a statue of something probably saluting those brave confederate soldiers.

We did a lot of meandering.

We stopped to have our photo taken next to some man.

This is supposed to be the oldest department store in the south. It was pretty cute. Mark could have decked himself out in some full-on southern garb had he wanted to.
Wyatt did a little window shopping.
We spent the longest time in the toy store and book store which were super cute. We had a little lunch. Mark and my dad spotted Eli and Archie Manning (so sad I wasn't there with my camera), and Wyatt ended up with this souvenir...chosen from the clearance rack at the toy store. Wyatt hasn't stopped talking about his road trip. Maybe we'll have to go one another one soon!

No comments: