Sunday, June 21, 2009

++Eleven years++

About eleven years ago I met this guy. I knew he was a nice guy. I decided to keep him around for a while. A few years later (in Prague...on the river...in a rowboat) he asked me to marry him. I was pretty sure he would make a great husband so I said yes. I was right.
What I never imagined (because it's something that you just don't get until it's real) was what a great Dad he would be. I've never seen greater joy in a child than Wyatt's face when Mark walks through the door after being away on a trip. There's a part of me that is envious but it is overshadowed by the fact that I am so glad that my children are blessed with such a great Dad (and that I still have a shot that Claire will be a Mommy's girl.)

Happy Father's Day Mark! (may my kind words be worth more than the wallet we got you!)

No comments: