Saturday, November 1, 2008

++Halloween was a scream++

My friend Sarah, who blogs too, told me I could post my pictures and pretend everything was just perfect this Halloween. I could. But the real story is so much more humorous...after the fact.

This was what Wyatt looked like every time we had him put on his costume (4 times!)...the crying period was after the twenty minutes (or longer) of trying to get him to agree to put it on in the first place. Holidays are fun, aren't they?


Here we are at the Cogans' Halloween party. Mark was in Baton Rouge for a football game so Wyatt and I went alone...along with my pumpkin that I bring everywhere I go.


Wyatt was interested in carving pumpkins for about 30 seconds. Mark did the rest of the work. I dug the seeds out for roasting...yum!

Here's the best photo I got of the guy in his costume. Taken quickly because he was late for school (due to the mayhem described above). If he looks distracted, it's because there was a truck in the neighbors driveway. At least he stood still!

Walking into school with friend and neighbor Sydney.

Our neighbors threw a party in their cove before the trick-or-treating began. We had lots of yummy chili and other goodies. Wyatt decided he was all done with the whole holiday as soon as the Sumo Wrestler arrived and he was scared. No more party. No trick-or-treating...nothing.


Here's all the kids in their costumes. Just pretend Wyatt is there...he was at home with Dad.

He did have fun watching the kids come to his door (and just helping himself to candy from our own bowl!). Sydney's parents stopped by for a beer and she played for a while, after neighbor Alex stopped by and left, Wyatt decided to "try" trick-or-treating. We went to three houses. He was then ready to go back home. He didn't even want to stop for a photo with his Pumpkins. The big one is for him...the little one is for baby sister!

When we came home, the costume came off. Today I told him he could wear anything he wanted. What a treat for both of us...

No comments: