Thursday, February 7, 2008

++Practice++


Mark is out of town until Saturday night so I spent the evening practicing with my photoshop. I got it for Christmas and haven't had much of a chance to play with it. I learned quickly that I think I need some sort of book. What I would love is a mentor but at this point I would just like friends in general so expect to find someone who could teach me new skills is a lot to ask. I need to get outside or open the blinds and get some natural light and start taking a few more photos of the little one so I can practice the photography part too. I played with this shot from the zoo as well as some others from our trip to Florida (I figured I better order and display some of those family shots before our family no longer looks like that!!). I played with a few and then shipped them off to Ritz to see what they look like printed. I'll report back on the results.
Not much new to report here other than that. I am enjoying Wyatt's pre-school but working on adapting to the different nutritional philiosophies. I like to think I am somewhat middle-of-the-road when it comes to what goes into Wyatt's mouth. I'm not going to live in la la land and think that he should never have sugar or cookies or anything non-organic (case in point, Wyatt LOVES french fries). I do try to stay healthy, especially for as long as he doesn't really know any better. Well, I had to finally put my foot down after day two of having Wyatt come home with a sippy cup half full of what appeared to be full-strength Hawaiian punch (no wonder he was coming home WIRED). So today I picked him up and got a memo about valentines for the class. They suggested options of what to bring to share and Wyatt has never had any of the stuff on the list (fruit roll-ups, little debbie cakes, heart candies, lollypops, etc.) These kids are all under the age of two...why do they need to go home with 14 treats on Valentines Day? I think I may go to the dollar store and get everyone balloons...if I think I can wrangle 14 in my car. Maybe I'll just do animal crackers. I am sure when I have baby #2 (who is not even a glimmer in our eyes yet, mind you) that kid will be drinking coke by six months...but until then I want to keep my precious baby free of red #2 for as long as possible...

1 comment:

Melissa Ho said...

No wonder he likes going to school! I don't blame you one bit for being concerned about what they are putting in his mouth.