Sunday, March 1, 2009

++More Claire++

We're getting adjusted to life as a family of four. Here are a few more photos and details about Claire's arrival into the world...

This is what four hours of labor, three pushes and an epidural will do---you are still smiling when it's all over! I guess I put my time in for the first three months because I certainly can't complain about the delivery. The second time around is so much easier!
Little Claire came out screaming.
Meeting her Daddy.
Big brother arrives to check things out. Here he was testing out the finer points of the adjustable hospital bed.
All dressed and ready to go home! She is so small the elastic band on her pants didn't even touch her body. She is swimming in newborn size clothes. I wonder if she'll grow as quickly as her brother did?
Heading out into the world.

Since we've been home she's been doing a lot of this during the day...just not so much at night.

So far Wyatt is doing very well. He is interested in seeing what baby sister is doing. He touches her head and laughs at all the crazy faces newborns make. He really wants her to play. This was the one and only time he has asked to hold her. It lasted for about five seconds.

Yesterday and last night we got LOTS of snow here. Wyatt had a fun time playing in it. Most of it has melted already. We were also treated to another fun (and timely) visitor in our house: pink eye. Both Mark and Wyatt are afflicted. I'm hoping the baby and I are immune (and the IV antibiotics I got during labor killed anything in my system). Now we're off to bed to see what adventures we're in for tonight!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I can't wait to meet her! She is so tiny. Congratulations -- she is beautiful. =)