Thursday, March 19, 2009

++Here we go again!++

I said in the last post that Claire and Wyatt looked alike (but no one commented to tell me whether or not they agree...hint hint) but it seems that we are headed down a lot of the same paths AGAIN. Claire has reflux like Wyatt did. Luckily I was smart enough to go for the meds earlier this time and I already noticed an improvement last night. Not sure if this is related or not (some theorize that babies may eat to soothe an upset tummy), but she was already ten pounds at three weeks! I was still trying to eek out the last days in newborn size clothes but I quickly switched to the 0-3 month size because I have to make sure she wears everything at least once! Wyatt was in 3-6 months by 6 weeks. Yikes. My friend Missy who also grows big babies says we have high-octane breast milk. I guess so!
I am really excited about the NCAA tournament. It's the one time of year (ok, that's probably not true) that I LOVE being a stay-at-home-mom. Now I just have to convince Wyatt that watching basketball is fun. My favorite part is that he says "go gophers!" whenever he sees basketball on TV, regardless of what team is playing. Let's hope he has the chance to say "go gophers" for real for more than one game.
We're most excited about our visitors that are arriving tomorrow night. Larson and crew! I say it that way because according to Wyatt it is pretty much all about Larson. He has been telling us for weeks now all the things they are going to do together. I'm not even sure if he remembers him or if we just talk it up so much. Either way I am so excited to have the boys together and see Cora again. No doubt, photos will follow. My mom has requested a photo of all four kids together. If you can figure out a way to accomplish that one, let me know. My favorite quote from the car yesterday: w:"I'm going to play trucks with Larson. Brett too." me: "What about Aunt Susan, are you going to play with her too?" w:"No. Susan will talk to mommy". Ha! So true, but how does he know this already?
Self-applied peanut butter "mustache" from lunch yesterday. Lovely.

3 comments:

taylor said...

Matt and I agree about Claire and Wyatt looking alike. On your last post when you posted a picture of both of them I said, "I agree that Claire looks a lot like Wyatt in this picture," and Matt said "I think she looks even more like him in the second one!" I had to clue him in on the fact that it was Wyatt.

Kate Pacyna said...

But we were just saying last night that unlike Wyatt, she does not look like her Uncle Matt...phew :)
Can't wait for you guys to meet her!

Melissa Ho said...

I agree, I think they look a lot alike and both are so cute! We really do grow them big. Makenna was almost 20 lbs at her 6 mos visit.