Thursday, June 19, 2008

++The Boys++

It's only a few weeks after the fact but I finally got around to posting the photos of the partners in crime. If I thought it was hard to get one kid to look at me, it's next to impossible to get two of them to do it. The photos speak for themselves. Everything is twice as much fun if you have a buddy to do it with you. The boys played great together. There were surprisingly few squabbles about toys (mostly because far-too-smart-for-his-age Larson was very good at "convincing" Wyatt the he didn't want whatever toy Larson had...and made sure Wyatt was well equipped with something else). I hope these fun experiences are only the beginning of many great times in the years to come.
Cousins don't hold hands...cousins hug!

I just love this picture...no caption necessary. For those of you wondering, its this book. If you don't have it...buy it. We had to get our own copy because Wyatt liked Larson's so much.
Cute runs in the family...

These whales weren't real...in case you were worried (or thinking our children were amazingly talented)2 boys: 1 hole. Does it get any better than this?

So, there you have it. The cutest two boys out there (my apologies to everyone else).
Fast-forward to the present. It's been a little cooler this week. Only high 80s. It's actually tolerable to be outside and not submerged in water. I may finally get around to pulling some weeds in the garden, etc. I just survived an entire week of full-time single parenting. No breaks from Dad...no Mother's Day Out. Whew...it's a lot of work. Mark was back in Minnesota for the first time since we left. He has now renewed his vow to return there FOR GOOD when all this nonsense is over. Thank goodness. I was going to return there anyway so it's a good thing he will be joining us.
My little buddy continues to crack us up. Tonight he helped me make "peeebaaaa" for dinner. He was really good at placing the pepperoni on spots where there wasn't any. I had to breathe deep and just let go and deal with the fact that they wouldn't be evenly spaced and pretty. Not sure if making it helped, but he ate almost two pieces.
Coming up next: the report from our latest Northern visitors. Stay tuned.

No comments: