Friday, March 11, 2011

++Excuses++

Believe it or not, my husband kind of knows me well.  Recently he called me out on a personality trait of mine that I really wish I didn't have.  It's basically paralysis caused by overwhelmedness.  If the job seems too big, I don't even start, rather than just dive in and get it done.  It is the cause of a few boxes stashed in closets full of total randomness, it's the cause of the stack of papers on my desk that I have meant to go through for a week now but haven't touched and finally, it's the cause of my lack of blogging recently.  With a vacation AND a birthday party we had a full plate and now recapping all the events has filled up my blog plate---and I was doing so well with keeping up with things too!  Oh--and just so I can add one more excuse to the pile, I sat down to work on it tonight and I need to fix something with my Photoshop first which sent me back to a state of overwhelmedness and thus paralysis.  I'm getting to it.  So, in case you are wondering:
++We had a great vacation.
++We had a fun visit from Grandma and Grandpa.
++The little one rocked her birthday week.
++After six days the balloons are slowly starting to sink down.
++We have returned to life as usual. 
++TV shows by the season are so so so dangerous.  The other day I was looking for something to watch while on the treadmill and stumbled on The Secret Life of An American Teenager.  It's so bad it's good.  The worst part is that there are at least 3 years of episodes available.  If my children are running unclothed and unfed in the streets it's because their mother is inside watching really bad teen dramas on the ipad. 
++Easter candy=my downfall.  Really, it's my worst holiday of all.  I blame it all on Cadbury mini eggs.  They are like crack.  (In their addictiveness...I actually have no idea what crack is really like...I have no desire to find out either...I'll stick with chocolate). 
++We have decided that we need a new car.  Mark's car has over 150,000  miles on it and he does tons of driving for work and it is starting to nickel and dime us.  Mark is going to take the Volvo (he already knows he's not cool so the station wagon won't do much to his ego) and I'll drive the new car.  I'm actually sad because I love my car.  We want one that can seat 6 if needed so we don't have to take two cars when the parents are in town or if we have the cousins.  We are not getting a minivan.  We are open to suggestions though.  Is it bad that it would take a lot of convincing to get me into an American car? 
++I'm really hoping the rainy season is almost over.  I've been tolerating it much better than last year since I got myself rain boots and a knee-length hooded raincoat. 
++I bought two sympathy cards today.  Why do these things always come in multiples?  How are we old enough to be losing our parents?  Kind of makes me want to hug mine.  I know they read this---so consider yourself hugged!
++In April I'm starting another photography course from the same teacher.  It's "Continuing Ed" which really means that I did the Beginner course but am not ready for "Advanced" yet.  I'm already feeling sorry for my family.  I think I may hit up a couple of 9-year-old girls in my neighborhood.  They'll probably play model all day for me!
++Now it's time for bed.  I'm not sure if it counts or not that I posted something on my blog, even if it's not what was intended. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate!
Just had to leave you a comment because I laughed when you said Cadbury eggs are like crack. I watch for/dread the day they come out. When I was pregnant with my first I had hardly gained any weight until those damn things came out, then I gained 11 pounds in one month!
Cars: I LOVE my Sienna, and I said I would never drive a mini van. Very functional with kids and it like a dream. I don't have many options though because I always need 6 very accessible seats and since I am entering that carpool world I really need 7-8 seats. The Suburban may be in my future, sad. But, if I only needed 6 seats I would get an Audi Q7. We actually thought about one, but the back seats would be a little difficult for the older kids to get to on a daily basis. Awesome car though! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Sorry, did not sign my name and for some reason it's in my husbands name....

GRETCHEN!