Tuesday, December 28, 2010

++Christmas Day++

Be prepared for photo overload.  I set out thinking I could limit it to about five.  I just couldn't.  Some of the photos aren't even that great but they represent a memory of the day that was great.  Like I said before, Christmas through the eyes of children really is magical.

The view of Santa's loot pre-kid.

The PRICELESS expression on the boy's face after discovering that Santa brought the firetruck.

Kind of confused about where all these toys cam from, but excited about her kitchen all the same.

The doll chair was immediately put to use.

Showing off the PURRRRRPLE ring that Santa left in her stocking.

Dad and Wyatt got right on the firetruck assembly.

I appreciate moments like this so much more after our little scare 18 months ago.

Wyatt opening the gift Claire picked for him at the kids secret shopping event.  It was Cars magnets.  The response: "Claire must have picked these for me because she knows Owen (his buddy) likes Cars."

Dad opening his prized present: Apple TV.

Wyatt checking out the binoculars sent by Sophie the dog.

I think we were heading towards noon and he was still in his PJs and hadn't stopped playing with the firetruck.

Claire (in her Christmas dress, day 2) testing out the new dishes from mom and dad.

One of two of my greatest gifts.

Cora and Larson came over at lunchtime.  The kids got piggy banks for their cousins.  Cora thought she should ride hers.

Nana got the girls Bitty Babies that looked like them.  Ironically, Claire was obsessed with the black hair baby.  So much for a good plan!

Nana and Bompa got the boys sleeping bags.

They were a hit!

A sad attempt at a photo of the crew.  My fixed lens doesn't do wide-angle shots so well.  I had to go outside.  But for the record, after living in houses with formal dining rooms for nearly three years, we officially had our first meal in one.  The kids sat in the entryway.

I hope your Christmas was merry as well! 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

These pictures are adorable! =)