Friday, September 24, 2010

++Nineteen Months++

Some random notes about Claire at nineteen months.
++Loves brushing teeth.  Digs Dad's toothbrush out and walks around chewing it (thank goodness I have the top drawer!).
++Answers yes and no to any question you ask her.  Usually appropriately. 
++Tells me about her boo boo on her knee at every diaper change.  That she got it outside.  That she cried and that Daddy picked her up and hugged her. 
++Doesn't like to get out of her crib at the end of nap time.  Likes me to turn some music on so she can dance.
++LOVES music.  Does great at music class.  Follows directions.  Sings along.  This may be my payback for enduring all those classes with big brother.
++Knows that Wyatt is at school when we spend our mornings alone.  Says "Wyatt" we turn into the road to pick him up.
++Discovered Barney (by digging through the pile of DVDs).  Asks to watch "dance".
++Loves babies, puppies and kitties.  Babies need "clothes off" though. 
++Everything is "blue"
++Calls all drinks "juice"
++Spots buses, trucks, and cars while we drive.  Points to black cars and says "Daddy".
++Talks about "Corca" and "Soozoo" all the time.  Corca is her best Bubby.
++Chews her loveys all day long.  They smell wonderful (gag).
++Does not like it when I'm on the computer.  Even if it's 6am and she has me up early, I guess I'm not allowed to be on the computer.  She tells me "close".  If that doesn't work she physically sits between me and the laptop.  The fact that I still get blog posts out is nothing short of a miracle.
++Raids the back hall regularly and appears wearing shoes and hats.  Sometimes hers.  Sometimes on the right feet.  Always a matching pair.
++Excellent at the shape sorter.  I hardly get the thing emptied before she brings it to me full again.
++Favorite foods are pickles, condiments (like ketchup and ranch dressing), cheese and chicken noodle soup.  That's a well balanced diet, isn't it?

A few favorite shots from her nineteenth month:

Bathing beauty

Showing off her babies.


Supplies for her baby.  All brought into her room on her own.
 
Reading books in her chair.  We find her here a lot.

Happy Girl.  Love her.


We have quite the Picasso on our hands.  She's not so good about keeping it on the paper though.
 
Sibling love.


No comments: