Monday, August 23, 2010

++What did you do for your summer vacation?++

As told by Wyatt (hold on, this is a long one!)

For my summer vacation this year we sure were busy. First we flew to Detroit. The next day we drove through Ann Arbor and made a stop at Zingermans's and saw a really big football stadium. Then we drove to Grand Rapids where we ran into a very familiar bell hop.
I met my mom's cousins (there are six of them!) and they all have neat jobs like architects and car designers. Did I mention Larson and Cora were there too?
Then my mom and dad got all dressed up and left the four of us kids with a babysitter for the night (did I mention she earned her money?)
They went to Lauren's wedding (isn't she pretty?) Lauren is my mom's cousin's daughter. I think that makes her my second cousin? The next day we took a fast ferry across Lake Michigan to Milwaukee. It was fun. My parents liked it better than an airplane because my sister and I could run around.
When we got off the ferry my Grandma and Grandpa were waiting for us! They took us to a night in the Wisconsin Dells. Uncle Matt and Aunt Taylor were there too. I have one word for it: FUN! My mom would have taken more pictures but she and my dad were too busy going on the grown-up water slides.
Next we headed to my Grandma and Grandpa's house to spend some time with them. They had all sorts of stuff planned for us. It was almost as if they had been anxiously awaiting our arrival for months.
We went fishing...
I was a really good worm deliverer.
Uncle Matt caught a fish and Claire gave it a kiss. Ewww!
Grandma spent her time tracking down creatures for me to see.
Did I mention my mom was on this trip too? Here's proof. She said she could have stayed all day at the fishing hole taking pictures.
Another day we went crayfishing. For those of you who don't know what a crayfish looks like, grandpa can show you (they have pinchers and like to eat old hot dogs).
I got super excited every time we caught one.My sister just wanted to show them her belly button (sometimes we just don't understand her, but she sure is cute, isn't she?)I also got to do fun things like mow the lawn with grandpa's new lawnmower. He tried to help me steer but I would push his hands away.
My Dad's Uncle Paul brought over this neat tractor. Jadyn and I got to try it out. Jadyn is also my second cousin...I think.
And finally, we got to spend a lot of time with my Busha. I like to tell everyone that Busha is very old. She is almost 102 to be exact. I think that's a lot more than me. We like her more than Claire would lead you to believe in this picture. She was just busy doing something else and didn't want to sit still (big surprise).
Then we went home. I'm really good on airplanes but my sister is a handful. The lady next to my mom on the plane commented about Claire: "I had a son that needed attention all the time like that. It turned out he had ADHD and we had to keep him medicated." I'm not so sure my mom appreciated her input. She also didn't appreciate that Claire and I were on central time for the next week.
We sure did have fun though!

1 comment:

The Kruegers said...

Chop is catching up on the blog...he's been busy. The stranger (a stranger clearly not good at subtlety) implying your kid has ADHD made me laugh. Must have been a fun plane ride!