Wednesday, August 25, 2010

++First Friend++

We recently got a visit from Wyatt's first friend Hudson. I don't exaggerate this one. Hudson's mom, Emily, and I became friends while working at CL and ironically were due five days apart. We shared the details of our pregnancies and lots of walks with our bellies around Lake Harriet. Did I mention our houses were three blocks apart? In a totally unfair twist of events, Hudson ended up being born three weeks before Wyatt. They spent lots of time together until we moved away :(
They played together (or laid together?) and swam together (looking back at these photos I marvel at how, um, sturdy Wyatt was)
They even made their first two annual visits to Santa together.
Notice how Wyatt is always on the right. Not sure how this happened. It's amazing how much the boys have grown up (although I don't really think Hudson has changed all that much) but they picked up like no time had passed.Some additional evidence that some things don't change...Wyatt and Hudson at Wyatt's first birthday:Wyatt and Hudson now:
They really did have fun.
I think I failed to mention that Hudson also has a younger brother, Griffin, who is two and a half weeks younger than Claire. It's almost like we planned it. Trust me, we didn't.
The party favor you get for coming to visit me is some photos of your kids. I was super pleased with how these turned out, especially since the kids had no interest in sitting still for photos whatsoever (except for Wyatt and Hudson who were told they would get a lollipop in exchange for cooperation...they were hamming it up all over the place--see above).


Thanks for your visit guys! See you in November!

No comments: