Monday, August 2, 2010

++Bittersweet++

I had the most wonderful weekend with two old, dear friends. Tiffany and I knew each other in college (we joke that we kind of had a "love at first sight" kind of friendship) and Sara met us a few years later in the advertising world. These girls know me. They were there for my engagement, my wedding, my first house, my first baby. These kind of friendships don't happen overnight. Their visit was bittersweet because it was so much fun...but it made me realize more than ever how much I miss them (and my other girls too!!!)

Onto the fun:
We ferried and shopped and ate as many meals as possible outside near water. The first night we stayed at this idyllic looking castle. Sadly, so did an entire wedding party. Emphasis on party. The lucky ladies were able to experience a relaxing evening of drunken fights, pot smoking, bad cologne to cover up the pot smell, more fights and yelling, ahh...pure bliss. We can laugh about it now. I did notice some bags under my eyes in the pictures though. You can chalk that up to about four hours of sleep.
Day two brought us to Whidbey Island. The girls and I decided that we want to move here if only to allow us to eat at the Knead and Feed on a regular basis.
They were rolling out these yummy Cinnamon rolls at that wooden counter you see in the window. So cute.
We did stuff other than eat. You just wouldn't know it from the pictures. For the record, those were one scoop cones with two "half" scoops. Honest.
On Whidbey island we stayed in a private cottage. This was the view. I told you, we are moving there.
The entire group of girls from home has become obsessed with the Twilight series. They thought I needed to join in on the fun and brought me the box set. I can't quite say I've been bitten yet. I spent the whole book wondering what was wrong with me. I have three more to go...maybe I'll figure it out before then.
Like I said, we're moving there. Our kids and husbands can come for visits.
Our trip consisted of three ferry rides. A super fun little adventure for the Midwesterners (myself included). They'll probably kill me for this one, I just love it.
We've decided to make it an annual event. Check back next year to see where the ladies head next.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Noooooooo! Don't succumb to Twilight! Then all the geek-chic twenty somethings will have to mock you! Although I don't have any other good trashy romances I've been reading lately...

Love,
Anne