Monday, May 10, 2010

++My Wish++

I had a wonderful Mother's Day week. As the kids get older it just gets more fun. This year Wyatt's class hosted a tea for their mothers. Really, we just had punch. They prepared for it for two weeks.
The first part was a little singing program. As you may recall from Christmas, this is where Wyatt really shines. The other kids sang and danced and Wyatt did this:
Notice that every other kid is xylaphoning away. Not my guy! (the hilarious part is that his teachers came to me and apologized afterward and swore that he always participates...I feel like I owe them the apology. I'm not concerned. We know he knows how to sing and dance. We get it all day long at home)
They also made us hats to wear at the tea.On Sunday I was treated to breakfast (and a card from Wyatt where he wrote MOM without help on the envelope...so proud!) and cooperative kids and husbands at church. On the way home I informed the crew that the one thing I really wanted more than anything was a nice picture with my two kids. They did fairly well. I promised Wyatt that we could have silly pictures in between our nice smiles.
Does this constitute putting my children in danger for the sake of a photo? The bushes below are soft, I promise.
And for our silly shot (you'll have to imagine the monkey sounds he was making.)
Later on our hike I even got a bonus shot (notice a theme here? place your kid precariously high on something and they'll think it's cool and you might get a smile).
There you have it. My children may now know that they weren't solely raised by their father when they look back at photos. Check back next Mother's Day if you want to see me again!
Oh---and Happy Mother's Day to Nana and Grandma my two most loyal readers! We love you!

No comments: