Sunday, March 14, 2010

++This week's assignment++

We've had a few assignments that have been less than interesting for the masses to look at (although full of good learning for me). But this week's assignment was about taking photos in full noontime sun. Funny because we don't get that a lot here in Seattle. I found it quite stressful to have to watch for the sun. Yesterday, it appeared that the sky was clearing so at 10a in the cold we walked in the rain as a family to take pictures toting a white sheet, foam core and a little red stool. Gotta wonder what the neighbors think of us.

The skies cleared and between clouds (which in most cases are actually preferred for photos) I got a few fun shots:
Gotta love the hat--Grandma made it for her.

This one was in full sun without the help of my other tools. She's a little shadowy but I had to show off how cute (and proud) she is with her walking. She's fast too. I had to keep backing up because she kept catching up to me.

I hade to bribe Wyatt with a new toy to get him to sit still for my photos. He declined candy, my first bribe. I don't get serious smiles and cooperation but in this case his arm did a nice job shading the sun from his face...mission accomplished...accidentally!
I screwed this one up in photoshop somehow and am too lazy to fix it now. He isn't fake tan, I promise. The silly face was all his though.
I did learn my lesson. If you really want to do well--don't use a three-year-old and a one-year-old as your subjects. I wish I had a ten-year-old aspiring model who will sit still for hours.

No comments: