Thursday, April 2, 2009

++Pretending++

I like to pretend to be a photographer. I'm still learning lots (by trial and error). I need more practice but I don't really have time to do it. I end up switching my camera to the "auto" setting when I know I really need to get a picture as I don't want to risk getting all white or all black (which is what seems to happen). I've been practicing more with Claire though. She's a great subject. She doesn't move.
When L&C came to visit I decided to test out my skills on them. Larson did great---all for the promise of three jelly beans! Cora was even better. She's at that great stage where everything makes her smile. I'm so excited for Claire to get there. I also tried out some new Photoshop "actions" (basically shortcuts that make your pictures look better, or give them a vintage feel, convert to b/w without losing depth, etc.) that I bought with my Christmas money. Again, still learning. Here are a few highlights.

Sure doesn't hurt that I have the cutest niece and nephew ever...does it?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Cora looks SO much like Susan!!!

The Cogan's said...

Great photos Kate !!