Wednesday, August 13, 2008

++First day of school++


Yet another thing about Tennessee that just seems a bit backwards to me is that they start school just when us Minnesotans are hitting our summer stride. No complaints here...it means Wyatt now spends five hours on Wednesdays and Fridays being enriched mentally, physically and emotionally...or at least that's what I tell myself as I am loving my time alone. I had to take this shot of him by the front door, just like we did every year growing up. I tried my best but couldn't get him to wear the backpack...or put the juice down. Notice the totally non-matching firetruck socks (gasp!). I put those on as one last effort to smooth the transition. Nonetheless he told me as soon as we pulled into the parking lot "Mommy, I want to go home." When I picked him up and asked if he had fun: "yeah!!!" (with arms raised in the air). Clearly no worse for the wear. As for me, the house got a thorough cleaning---hey, I thought this was supposed to be my fun time!

No comments: