Wednesday, November 7, 2007

++From the outside++

Mark was able to stay in Memphis for the inspection of the new house yesterday. Of course, he had a long list from me to take pictures and video of all the things that I can't remember (what does the laundry room look like? What are the fixtures like in the bathrooms?, etc.) Poor guy. If we could have changed places yesterday, we would have. He also met a carpet and granite person at the house. Our realtor arranged to have them come. Again---wish it could have been me. I may have to pick carpet before we move in. I just have to hope the colors on film are an accurate representation of what the colors really are...

Here are a few photos of the house from the outside. Fortunately, it does not come with the Grand Prix parked out front (that's Mark's rental car). In fact, I think it's one of those neighborhoods with so many rules that you probably aren't allowed to have any cars parked out front. I quickly glanced through the by-laws and my favorite so far is that you are only allowed to have your garage door open long enough to pull your car in or out of it, or if you are actively doing yard work. If you stop for a break...you better put that door down!! Hopefully we are generally reasonable and respectful by nature that rules won't bother us.

Here is Casa Pacyna numero dos:



Just waiting to get all the papers finalized for our current house. Because the relocation company is covering the commission, we technically have to sell the house to them and then they sell our house to the buyer. Sounds fine but we are really not appreciating the fact that they sit on the paperwork for a few days. We want to put our house back the way it was before...sad that taking my TV out of the main floor has affected me so much.

A little aside. As expected, Wyatt did fabulous with his caretakers. His Grandma and Grandpa are so good to him. I knew he would be well cared for, but I had no clue that he would pick up new skills as well. Yesterday I turned on the CD player while changing his diaper and in it was a CD that we hadn't listened to in a while. The first song was "Itsy Bitsy Spider". I look down at him and he is trying to do the "spider" action with his fingers!!! Sure enough, we asked and Grandma taught him that. I was informed by my husband that I need to step it up. Clearly our little sponge is ready. (He said he was kidding but I know he wasn't). So on tap for today...the alphabet. Ok---maybe we should work on getting him to say more words than "hi" first.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am excited to come visit!

Kate Pacyna said...

Just like in Ann Arbor, we can call one room "Mel's room" :)