Sunday, November 4, 2007

++Done and Done++

Mark has this admirable ability to trust that things will all just work out. I, on the other hand, lose sleep and worry about every last detail. The great thing is that when it comes to Mark, things often do just seem to work out. I like being married to him as I get to ride along on his coattails (ok, we all know I don't really follow so well---so could I ride on his lapels?). Things never worked out like this for me before I linked up with him. I hesitate to even write any of this with the fear that something may fall through...


So, in the age of "home sales down 20%" and "expect it to take six months to sell a house", we sold our house in a week and had multiple offers. The best part, we ended up getting more than our asking price. Are you kidding me??? We got the news in the parking lot of the Collierville Starbucks. Our realtor was waiting inside for us to write an offer on a new house in Memphis.

We were blessed with a great realtor in Memphis. She knew that we were enamored with this one particular neighborhood but pretty bummed that there were no houses in our price range that would work for us. She happened to meet with a family who was thinking about listing their house and saw their floor plan, etc. and thought it just might be exactly what we were looking for. She was right. Once again, within a minute of walking into this house Mark was hearing "I really like this house". He knew he was in trouble. Almost three years ago he heard the same thing and we ended up buying a house that day too. So, I let my negotiator work his magic. I think we are all happy with where we ended up. I don't have photos of the outside yet (we were a little to embarrassed to take them). Mark is going to try to get some during the inspection this week.


Here are a few interior previews. Remember, it was never on the market so they clearly didn't do the de-clutter thing (did I mention the Halloween decorations including the fake owl that totally creeped us out?)



"Keeping Room" or family room off the kitchen (where I can finally see Wyatt when I cook)

Dining Room (notice the plantation shutters---so excited about those)

Wyatt's room--on first floor with our room

Kitchen--we plan to add granite countertops, a permanent island and stainless appliances

Living Room

Master Bedroom

No comments: