Tuesday, January 17, 2012

++Snow!++

1. Wednesday will be day three of no school for us (Monday was a holiday but schools probably would have been closed anyway).  We're getting by.  I'm just hoping things clear up by Thursday.  Snow seriously shuts this place down. 

2. The kids have fully embraced the snow though. Mark took the kids to the mountains to sled on Saturday then the sledding came to us!

3. Like a good son of an elementary school teacher, when the snow started falling Mark knew just how to show them the flakes.

 Wyatt preferred to eat them.

4. The bulk of the snow fell Sunday night.  On Monday we bundled and checked it out (midwesterners, please keep your snickers about the lack of snow to yourself).


Claire thought it looked soft enough to sleep in.

 Wyatt couldn't wait to clear off Mark's car.  How can we harness this and bring it back out in a couple of years?
 Then he made a snow angel.
 I had to get a shot of my cuties.  Is Claire all girl or what?  Look at how she stands in her too-big-hand-me-down-boys snowpants.
 Wyatt tested the cul-de-sac/sledding run.  The benefits of living at the bottom of a steep street!  I took a few runs too.  Kind of takes you back.
 The kids went out later with dad to make this buddy.  Claire named him Kaloo Kalee. 

5. Claire has entered this crazy clothes changing fifty times a day phase.  Ugh.  I try to out my foot down but then it's almost like she spills on herself on purpose just we we'll agree to change her clothes.  We've also had to hide her summer clothes so she'll stop begging to wear them.  The other day she convinced her dad to let her wear a tank top and shorts under her winter clothes.  Believe it or not, five minutes later she was "hot" and took off the outer layers.  Stinker. 

6. Claire doesn't say "forgot" she says "gotfor".  So cute. She's been doing it for a while but I want to put it here so I don't forget.  Or is it getfor?  Other than that she is doing really well with her language.  She is stringing together well formed sentences with connecting words and adjectives and the whole deal.  Then again, I have to remind myself that she is almost three.  Seriously.  Three.

7. Wyatt spotted this box that delivered a bottle of wine to us this Christmas break and quickly asked if he could have it.  He then launched into this long description of the breathing tank he was working on during free art in school.  He brought it to school on the first day back and I'm fairly certain he got about 30 minutes of one-on-one attention finishing this beauty.  It has shoulder straps and a velcro attachment to hold the mouth piece.  I was so proud of him and so happy that he goes to a school that will ride waves like that with him.  (he wasn't cooperating so well for a photo...)

8. Mark and I have become hooked on Modern Family.  We're still watching to DVDs of season one.  If you are familiar with this show, please do not tell me that I remind you of Claire.  I have already been told that by my husband and brother-in-law.  I am not amused. 

9. So Wyatt has decided that he wants to marry me when he is six. Yesterday he got really mad at me and told me he wasn't going to marry me anymore (I have to admit, it kind of stung a little to hear that one!) We reconciled.  Today I pressed him for a little more details.  He asked if he had to talk into a microphone at the ceremony (think: Christmas program) I said no.  He said we should have chicken nuggets for our meal and go to Legoland for our honeymoon.  Love that kid.

10.  Sometimes the days get a little slow so we're forced to create our own fun.  We'll call this next series: Fun with static.  I dare you not to laugh.


No comments: