Wednesday, February 1, 2012

++Ten...sometime++

1.We've coined a new nickname for the little girl in our house" quick change".  Gopher basketball fans will remember their halftime quick-changing magic shows.  If you come to our house any hour of the day you may be treated to as many as ten outfits.  Sometimes appropriate, usually not.  Sometimes she is wearing my clothes, found in the laundry basket.  Lovely. 

2. We're just plugging along here, getting through the dreary, dark Washington winters.  I keep forgetting to buy some Vitamin D supplements.  Sounds so funny but we really are supposed to take them here.

3. Wyatt learned the hard way at his tennis lesson last week not to stand too close to your friend when he is going to hit the ball "really, really, far."  He's got quite the mark on the side of his nose to show for it.  Just between you and me, I think it makes him look even cuter.  I really should take a picture of it.

4. Speaking of pictures, I think I have my husband convinced to let me use my share of the tax return it looks like we are getting, to buy my new camera.  If I don't technically earn any of the money in this family, do I still get to claim a share of the tax return?  I think so. 

5. I've been doing a lot of thinking, and some reading, lately and am trying to have our whole family eating cleaner, better food.  It isn't easy when the kids don't eat much of any food to begin with.  I fear they would starve if I cut crackers out of their diet. Baby steps. 

6. Someone in our family had a birthday last week.  Happy Birthday Mark!



7. It's been so fun to see how different our kids are as they grow up.  We're really starting to see that Claire is a VISUAL person.  Wyatt seems to be an auditory learner.  He is great at telling detailed stories of things we have done.  He remembers everything he hears (he seriously teaches us all sorts of things about Animals and Trucks that we never knew...gotta love Wild Kratts and Mighty Machines.)  Claire, on the other hand, for the life of her can't seem to grasp her letters.  She can, however, draw with her finger in the air the letter that they talked about at school, but she can't remember what it's called, or doesn't care, or both.  She can tell you what everyone in her class wore each day though! 

8. On that note, here is a bath tub conversation from the other night: Mark holds up the letter O from our letters and asks Claire "what letter is this? you talked about it in school today."  Claire: "A?" Dad: "no" Claire: "P?" Dad: "no...." Claire: "Stinky."  I guess we have some work to do. 

9. Our family is on the verge of sharing some exciting news.  NOT baby related.  How old to I have to be before I can stop adding that caveat to a statement like that?  Stop back soon and hopefully we'll be ready to give the details. 

10. And finally, a favorite from our snow week:

No comments: