Wednesday, January 11, 2012

++Back Again!++

If I would have flaked out week two then I would officially be a flake.  I'd be lying if I said it didn't take a little effort to get to the computer to do this.  Ok, that's a lie.  I have no problem getting to the computer.  It's just the editing and the writing and all that jazz.  Ok.  Enough whining.  Here's what's on my mind this week. (note, yes this is a DAY late once it finally got posted.  For the record I had it written but Blogger was acting up and not letting me post photos.  Promise!)

1. Our fridge has been dying for six months.  We finally called a repairman who basically told us it wasn't worth fixing.  So we decided to bring our world's nicest stainless garage fridge (not world's nicest, just nice for the garage) which was a tag along from Memphis, in the house.  A $10 appliance dolly rental, a nice neighbor and a husband immobilized by a sore back later and I have never loved my old fridge more!

2.  After being used to operating with two freezers we are now on a frozen food-only diet.  First up is the giant turkey I bought for $5 after Thanksgiving.  Oh, and Edamame every night.  Note to self: the frozen aisles at Costco are now officially off limits! 

3. To Bachelor or not To Bachelor, that is the question.  I think the older I get the less patience I have for the drama.

4. Speaking of TV, there is a certain someone in this house who is lobbying to cancel our satellite/cable.  Ironically this subject did not come up until after the regular season of the NFL was over. 

5. Speaking of the NFL, this house is a little Packers crazy these days.  And you should see the kids do the "Discount Double-Check."  Some parents work hard to shield their kids from commercials but if we did we would miss out on all the comedic fun!  They also do a great hamster dance with that Kia Soul ad.

6. Check out this little article: http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/162/veda-partalo-cadillac
I was her first boss in her first job in advertising way back when at Carmichael Lynch.  Mark will vouch for me having always said that she was the best person to ever work for me.  And...clearly I have now been left in her dust.  Couldn't have happened to a better person.

7. Here's a little update on my bedroom.  An "After" photo.

Credit to my wonderful seamstress mom for the pillow shams.  Credit to ME for the fabric covered lampshades.  It was actually a lot easier than it seems.  She was very kind to me in recommending non-tapered shades and a large pattern.  It is officially my happy place.  SO long overdue. 

8. Posts are more fun with photos.  Here are a few of my swimming kiddos at the hotel pool in Portland.  Mark was kind enough to not make me go in in the morning so I could take some photos.  Did I mention the  pool may have iced over if it wouldn't have been for little Geronimo Junior:

And her sidekick Wet Wyatt:


9.  I have taken so few photos recently that my camera is literally getting dusty.  Too dark, too rainy.  I need to get back into capturing the day to day and cute little moments like this:



10. I talked about our Christmas a little but it really can be summed up it just a few photos:

The moment she discovered the Cinderella dress.
 The boys in Lego heaven.
 The girls playing "go to school" in one of Claire's four new pairs of plastic shoes.  Since photos don't have sound, let me help you out: clonk clonk clonk clonk clonk...

Nana and Bompa were in town visiting for the ten days prior to Christmas.  They left on Christmas morning.  The kids really do like them, they just weren't so thrilled about sitting for a picture.  When I look at them all in a row like this, I sure do see the resemblance.




And there you have it.  See you next week!

No comments: