Tuesday, July 19, 2011

++The world needs more of this++

It was our turn to host boy's book club this month.  A while back, I stumbled on information about this park and knew we had to try it.  It's a dream come true for little boys.  Tools, scrap wood, a forest and their imaginations.  Each boy was given a toolbox with hammer, nails, twine, etc. and access to this huge pile of scrap wood. My favorite part is that nobody got so caught up in safety and covering their bums that the fun was taken away.  

The tool boxes included safety goggles but I think the kids liked them as fashion accessories best.



 Demo was just as fun as building.  If not more fun. 
 Every construction site needs a foreman. 
 And every construction site needs one man to "supervise" while the other works. 
 Our crew with their, um, creation?
 Have I mentioned before that I love having a boy?

No comments: