Tuesday, July 19, 2011

++A Walk In The Woods++

Now that we have lived here for two years (crazy, I know) that kind of makes us official Pacific Northwesterners, not just visitors.  And if you are a Pacific Northwesterner, you hike.  That's just the way it is.  We started small.  We weren't quite sure how the littlest one would handle it. 

Wyatt checked out our course before we took off.
 Now that is one big tree.
 The highlight by far was "skipping" rocks.  Don't you just love the soft haze coming off the water?  Makes everything seem dreamy. 
 I had to include this shot.  Kind of looks like I was about to get clocked in the head with a rock.  I don't remember it ending that way but it sure didn't look good for me.  We need to work on teaching her to throw OUT.
 My goodness, if I didn't know better I would almost say we look authentic.
No one needs to know that we took the wrong exit off the highway and ended up at the wrong park and on a totally different trail than we expected.  No wonder we were the only ones there.  It still was beautiful!

No comments: