Monday, February 7, 2011

++Yea Packers!++

Superbowl Sunday was a big night at our house.  Not only because the team that we cheer for was IN the Superbowl, but the team we cheer for WON the Superbowl.  I had to laugh as Mark made his best to attempt to impress upon Wyatt that this was a HUGE deal for his life, and it may not happen again.

Claire snuggled in with her Dad to watch the big game.  She stayed there for about two minutes.
 I couldn't peel my kids away from the ads to look at the camera for this picture.  I guess they have marketer in their blood.  The favorite?  The Careerbuilder.com ad with the monkeys (or chimps?) who parked their car too close.  We had to rewind it about five times.  The mess on the table was Nacho night.  It's a Superbowl tradition for us (three years running).  This year we added Brats at Mark's request.  Must have been lucky.
 The night before I told Wyatt a bedtime story about watching the Superbowl and I made up a silly part that every time the Packers scored his dad got so excited he ran around the house (and with each TD he ran a little farther).  With the first score, Wyatt looked at his dad and said "Let's Run!"  This was the scene after the second TD.  I was laughing too hard to photograph the first one. 
The best news of all (if you ask me) is that Mark bet $50 that the Packers would win the Superbowl when he was in Vegas last time.  He has carried that slip in his wallet for six months.  And now we are $500 richer.  Now THAT is my kind of victory!

As an aside...I am not seen in these photos but I was not wearing Packer apparel.  Mainly because I find NFL apparel a bit obnoxious for my taste.  I did wear a green sweater though.  I haven't alienated my Vikings roots totally, I just decided that Mark gets so much more joy out of a Packers win than I do out of a Vikings win so it's ok if we raise our family as Packers.  Go ahead, send your hate mail now.  Even a nasty comment is better than no comment at all...maybe.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you didn't wear Packers apparel. It's okay if the kids do though -- only because they're so cute! =) I understand the logic!