Saturday, January 15, 2011

++Obsessed++

For at least an hour every day you will see my boy doing this:
 He reads, re-reads, analyzes and comments on every aspect of the Playmobil catalog.  It is safe to say he is obsessed.  He has about six things already but since the light went on when it comes to imaginative storyline type play, he suddenly wants so much more.
I am pretty fortunate that he is a kid who I can take into any type of store, he can look at the stuff and even talk about what he would like to have SOMEDAY, but he always seems to leave willingly not expecting me to buy something.  I think I can attribute it to early and often exposure to shopping :).  If I ever get requests, my party line has always been that he has money in his piggy bank and if that his what he wants to spend it on, we can come back to get it.  We never do.  He forgets about it as soon as we leave the store.  But he clearly remembered my piggy bank promise because he decided it was time to tap Miss Piggy in order to get some of the things he had been studying day after day in the catalog.
It's a good thing we had never emptied the bank before and Grandpa usually comes with full pockets because that stuff is a little spendy.  He spent the entire afternoon one Sunday counting his money with his dad. 

They got a little side-tracked when Wyatt discovered the state quarters.  Those are now in a separate bag in his treasure drawer.  He still has about $75 to spend.  He just can't seem to make up his mind on what he wants most.  So back to studying the catalog it is...

No comments: