Tuesday, July 20, 2010

++One year++

It was a year ago today we packed up and left Memphis. Crazy. Mark says other than our friends he doesn't miss anything about it there. I am a bit more nostalgic. I don't miss the weather (the storms especially) or the snakes, or the crime. The nightly news was a spectacle like none other. I do miss our neighborhood and the pool! I miss Chick Fil A and Corky's BBQ and walking to TCBY (my waistline doesn't though). As much as I laughed about it when we lived there, I miss the over-the-top way that people dressed their kids--a stark contrast to Seattlites. I even sort of miss that sweet, slow, southern drawl. Just a little bit.

I guess that is one of the upsides of our nomadic lifestyle. We get to experience different parts of the country and their little eccentricities. Lucky us?

Oh--and for those of you keeping track, 33 years ago today my surprised parents rushed to the hospital to welcome their early (I like to think prompt) daughter #2 into the world. Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: