Wednesday, July 14, 2010

++Blueberries!++

Some friends of ours started up a boys book club and we have had lots of fun as a result. This month's book was Blueberries for Sal. We had a picnic lunch at a local blueberry farm and then went out to pick some berries.
Claire got the hang of things right away.
The blueberries weren't quite ripe yet due to our slow (or should I say nonexistent) summer. It seemed to be taking forever to fill my bucket. I soon figured out why...
Don't let that innocent face fool you. She is a blueberry stealer through and through!
The boys? They pretty much did a lot of this all day:
We sure had fun! And made some super-yummy blueberry muffins with our bounty. (the link takes you to a blog that has the Barefoot Contessa recipe---I just googled it for your convenience, I got the recipe from the book. Either way, they are SO good.)

1 comment:

dbott said...

Muffins were very good.

Enjoy your blog and hope that Susan will get back at hers. I know it takes time and I don't imagine that she has much extra time.