Saturday, December 15, 2007

++The long goodbye++

The farewell festivities have begun. I am still in denial. I made it through our first goodbye party without any tears. They have been coming more frequently in recent days. Can't wait to see what 12/30 brings...

Our great friends Brad and Emily (to whom we are connected in so many ways: Michigan, Carmichael Lynch, Neighbors...and kids who are 3 weeks apart) threw us this great going away party at The Loon Cafe downtown. We enjoyed the kitschy Minnesota decor and their famous chili. I had a beer...A BEER...and realized if I was going to get up with my son at 6 in the morning, I should stop there. So sad.

Gotta love the cake. I guess it started as a High School Musical design.
Brad and Emily (not sure who took this...kinda looks like a prom photo...)

The guests were mainly my fabulous girlfriends and their husbands. I have been so blessed to have each of them in my life over the past...wow...ten years for some of them! It has been so fun to be with them as each of us has gotten married and many of us has continued on to have kids. We meet every other Wednesday night under the 'guise of a knitting club. I can't remember last time anyone actually brought out their needles. A few of them still bring their bags though. Hopefully we'll still be together when we all should be knitting as old ladies.
The girls

Our dear friends Shawn and Kelly

The long goodbye continues. Coming up next: Wyatt's going away party.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I don't know how you made it without tears! I'm impressed. :)