Tuesday, April 19, 2011

++Ten on Tuesday++

1. Sorry for the hiatus.  We went on vacation again.  I don't like to talk about it before we go.  It makes my relatives who read this blog religiously but are still skeptical about blogs, nervous.  We went on a cruise--lots to share!

2.  I'll get around to posting those photos soon.  I'm still having problems resizing my photos to put on here.  It's slowing things down again.  Maybe I need a new version of photoshop, or a new computer--heck, why not throw in a new camera while I'm at it. 

3. I just said goodbye to my book club ladies.  I hosted them in my living room tonight.  We've almost lived in this house two years and that is the first event I have hosted in my living room.  It was fun.  Too bad it wasn't my knitting ladies though.  I miss them :(

4.  For the record we have read "The Glass Castle" and "Sarah's Key".  I liked them both.  Now onto "Love In The Time of Cholera".

5. I'm taking my second photo class right now.  Just so you don't think I 'm a total idiot, even my teacher can't figure out what's going on with resizing my pictures. 

6. I bet this blog isn't nearly as much fun without pictures.

7. Mark started working from home this week.  We're two days in.  I think we underestimated our kids.  They are handling the transition way better than we thought.  I guess there was one time today when we were packing up to leave and I was in the kitchen and overheard them both on the floor trying to look UNDER the door while knocking...while Mark was on a conference call.  I think we are going to like it.  He ends up being around more since we have eliminated over an hour of commuting each day. 

8. I made these amazing meatballs for dinner last week.  Make them.  You won't regret it.  Yum.

9. It is trying to be spring here in Washington but we just can't get out of the 50s.  We have seen the sun a little more often recently so things are looking up.  The one bad part about having sun after months and months of gloom: all the the cobwebs and fingerprints and dust bunnies seem to come out of the woodwork.

10. Please say a prayer for my dear friend Nicole and her family.  Last week she lost her three-month-old nephew, Jackson, to SIDs.  So sad.  Hug your kiddos extra tight.

2 comments:

taylor said...

Sarah's Key was good, but so sad, I almost had to stop half way through!

Kate Pacyna said...

Funny. A couple of women from the book club said the same thing. I thought it was sad but it didn't keep me from reading. Must be heartless :)